Financial Reporting Officer – Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and user-friendly, giving consumers the ability to buy now and pay later with no hidden fees or compound interest.
We are looking for an intelligent and motivated individual to join our growing financial reporting team!
You have an in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, a mastery of accounting systems and a strong motivation to contribute to the achievement of an effective financial reporting process. You have a strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver results on time, as well as work effectively cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment!
This position reports to the Director, Financial Reporting.
What you will do:
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures for external financial reports including 10Q / Ks, 8K and results
- Implement a financial statement reconciliation process for the financial statement audit
- Serve as the point of contact for the external auditors on financial statement disclosure and answer questions
- Assist in the integration and management of a financial reporting tool that can be used for SEC filings; collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate implementation efforts in functional areas (e.g., management reporting) as required
- Establish active and effective communication with senior members of Finance and senior management regarding critical initiatives; ensure that SEC filings reflect these initiatives
- Preparation of the cash flow statement
- Anticipate new CSA and SEC disclosure requirements and update disclosures accordingly
- Manage the external auditor’s review of SEC filings and coordinate quarterly reviews and annual audits of financial records.
- Prepare the financial and statutory reporting of subsidiaries, including investor reporting files
- Prepare reports required by regulatory bodies for state licensing and tax reports
- Help link the reporting package monthly, if needed
- Complete disclosure checklists to ensure all disclosure requirements are met; research disclosure requirements and keep abreast of new statements affecting disclosures; establish a repository of disclosures and practices of peer companies
- Collaborate with investor relations, legal and strategic finance on financial communication with external stakeholders
- Ensure adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls over financial reporting and fairness
- Participate in various ongoing and ad hoc projects or initiatives
What we are looking for:
- Active CPA license; Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting
- 4-6 years of related and recent experience in a public company is required
- Clear and confident communicator, both written and spoken
- Knowledge and expertise of financial systems and familiarity with financial business applications; must have a solid understanding of ERP systems
- Technical experience related to GAAP and reporting, stock option accounting, loan accounting and securitization
- Strong demonstrated leadership skills, great energy, initiative and creativity – with a proven ability to manage important initiatives in organizations and across geographies
- Process orientation and attention to detail. Strong analytical and quantitative skills and excellent accounting skills.
- Desire to improve broken processes and make your own work easier over time
- Passion for asserting and interest in technology
We are delighted to announce that Affirm is now a remote business! This role can be located anywhere in the United States Remote-based employees can sometimes come to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible to anyone on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Check out our remote approach first to learn more about the new ways we work.
If you’ve made it to this point, we hope you feel excited about the job description you just read. Even if you think you do not meet all of the requirements, we still encourage you to apply. We look forward to meeting people who believe in Affirm’s mission and can contribute to our team in different ways – not just candidates who tick all the boxes.
At Affirm, “people first” is a core value and that is why diversity and inclusion are essential to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read more about our D&I program here and our progress to date in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us ”to provide an inclusive interview experience for everyone, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates who require personalized support during the hiring process.