NJ.com will host a virtual financial event with tips for budgeting and saving: how to register for free
As part of NJ.com’s new EmpowerU series, we’re hosting “New Year Money Moves,” a free virtual event on January 24 at 3 p.m. detailing key steps you can take to improve your finances this year.
Hear directly from experts on the best techniques and strategies for setting and achieving manageable financial goals.
The panel includes two certified financial planners who will provide tips for creating a personal budget, paying off debt, and saving to achieve financial goals for 2022 and beyond.
“New Year Money Moves” will be hosted by journalist Karin Price Mueller, who covers consumer affairs, personal finance and pandemic issues for NJ.com and The Star-Ledger.
This event is free, but places are limited. register here.
- The different savings mechanisms available to you
- Debt repayment strategies such as credit card consolidation, refinancing, etc.
- Common budgeting best practices
Meet the experts in financial planning
- Deva Panambur, CFA, CFP and owner of Sarsi, LLC, a fee-based financial planning company. Deva has over 20 years of investment management and financial planning experience. His experience includes work at a steel mill, a shipping company and several large financial institutions where he helped families preserve, protect and grow their wealth and well-being.
- Stephanie Spies, CFP and Financial Advisor at Modera Wealth Management, LLC. Stephanie is a member of the firm’s portfolio management team. She supported Modera’s client portfolio trading, rebalancing and reconciliation processes for over a year before transitioning into a planning associate role. Stephanie is a member of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).
Register here before the event fills up.
About NJ.com’s EmpowerU Virtual Event Series
EmpowerU is a series of virtual events helping New Jersey learn, plan, save and grow. Powered by NJ.com, EmpowerU events bring our trusted journalism to life to educate, empower and empower attendees on the topics that matter most to them.
NJ.com and The Star-Ledger reporters host interactive panel discussions featuring industry experts, public figures, mentors and trailblazers. Featured event categories for 2022 are Finance, Health, Parenting, Careers and Education.
Sign up here to receive news and updates on future EmpowerU free virtual events.